As a Police Officer for 30 years Paul gained broad experience in a disciplined and pressurised environment. He firmly believes in creating a strong team ethic and has a reputation for resolving issues, whilst being supportive and inspirational to clients and colleagues. In Further and Higher education he had a reputation for enabling students to identify their strengths and areas for development, channelling those skills towards a fulfilling career.
Events during his career had an impact on his own mental health and he received treatment for PTSD. In recent years he has become a strong advocate for Mental Health support and has volunteered as a Samaritan since 2017.
The Wellbeing & Performance Company was formed to encourage companies to recognise that a mentally healthy workforce is a more productive one.
As of 2020 he also co hosts a men’s mental health support group called ManKind @ Eastbourne.
Career and Skills
- Police Officer for 30 years
- Firearms Officer/Instructor
- Strategic/Tactical Advisor to Senior Managers
- Event Planning
- Coordinating Multi Agency responses
- Security advice
- Project Management
- Civil Contingency Officer
- Development of Emergency and Contingency plans
- Production of Risk Assessments
- Business Continuity Planning
- Lecturer in Further Education
- Developing & delivering bespoke Training Courses
- Trained volunteer Samaritan
- Mental Health First Aider
- National Firearms Instructor
- National Bodyguard Course
- Prince 2 (Project Management) Accredited
- DTLLS qualified (Diploma in the Life Long Learning Sector)
- Licenced user of the MTQ Product Family Questionnaires:
- Mental Toughness
- ILM leadership
- Carrus Employability Measures