Kim brings a warm, open-hearted and non-judgmental presence to her coaching sessions. Passionate about holistic wellbeing, with an integrated mind-body ethos, Kim has many years’ experience at the sharp end of life from a long and successful career in the criminal justice system, both in prosecution and defence roles. Having experienced and overcome significant life challenges such as bereavement, Kim is well placed to enable you to regain your equilibrium and build future resilience, by exploring your strengths, abilities and skills to reach your full and innate potential.
From her experience of policing in high-stress situations such as the Brixton riots, and undercover work in murder enquiries, Kim has a gained a rich and varied skill set, which adds significant credence to her coaching skills and valuable weight to her opinion. In her most recent role in private and public client defence work, Kim gained a reputation as a skilful and compassionate lawyer with great instincts, particularly valued for her approach to client care.
A calm and professional manner enables Kim to deal with the most fraught and stressful situations, to bring clarity and awareness to the coachee.
She works best with anyone needing that extra understanding of how anxiety, stress and depression impacts upon the choices we make, and the situations we sometimes find ourselves in as a result. She will support and help you to see how to avoid those automatic responses, and get in the driving seat of your life, rather than simply reacting to it and surviving. Kim has successfully completed a year long training course with the Sussex (NHS) Mindfulness Centre, as a teacher of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, where she has a particular interest in mindfulness for self compassion and compassionate living. In accordance with the Good Practice Guidelines for mindfulness teachers, Kim has a daily formal meditation practice, and attends regular professional development at Oxford University’s Mindfulness Centre. Kim has recently completed training in the use and interpretation of the Mental Toughness Questionnaire.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Accredited civil and commercial mediator with the Civil Mediation Council 2013
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Life Coach
- Mindfulness Coach
- Consultant contributor to the Government led inquiry into the Post Office Horizon investigation
- Award winning legal journalist
- Sky News contributor on criminal justice issues
- Advisory board member for The Centre for Criminal Appeals
- BBC Drama Script Consultant
- Riding Club Coach for riding and competition confidence issues
- Licenced user of the Mental Toughness, ILM leadership and Carrus Employability Measures MTQ Product Family
- Award in CARI – Care & Resilience Index happiness & wellbeing at work