Jim is a team player and people person, having run businesses for over 20 years as well as organising sporting clubs and business groups. As a consultant and coach for 19 years, his experienced eye makes the difference that will spot opportunities and will always provide solutions from a depth of business knowledge. An empathetic, listening and understanding approach brings out the strengths and focuses on improving performance whilst managing weaknesses with new ideas and creative thinking. The recent addition of neuroscience and mental resilience for promoting wellbeing in the workplace has further broadened Jim’s coaching capabilities particularly in mental toughness and leadership.
Jim combines a business background business and coaching with the ability to focus the business owner on their key strengths whilst helping develop the organisation and resolving the operational issues. His mentoring, working alongside key staff, encouraging vision, aspiration and accomplishment promotes positivity and a continued hunger for achievement. As a consultant and coach, he has won business awards and major contracts, game-changing dynamics, taking companies to new levels. His allegiances to the sporting world, which now includes a cycle ride from London to Avignon, brings out his competitive spirit, as well as the stamina to see the task through. This reinforces the values of both coaching and mentoring in a balanced lifestyle between work and pleasure.
He is also a founder member and principal driving force behind a well-established group of 30 business specialists who support each other through networking opportunities providing leading-edge skills and services to businesses.
The importance of strong communication and building up accurate information for better decision-making lays the stepping stones towards strong and decisive leadership. With a wide breadth of knowledge, strong business ethos and analytical experience, Jim provides a new dimension from an outside set of eyes, provoking innovative thinking, focus for success and a healthier, more productive working environment.
Background & Specialities
- Industrial Economics graduate with Blue Chip company management training
- MD for 20+ years, with general all-around experience of running businesses both in manufacturing and the service sector
- Business coaching & mentoring for 15+ years
- Business advice, SFEDI qualified business advisor having reviewed over 300 businesses on behalf of Business Link
- Business development background, start-ups, Micro & SME’s identifying opportunities, across a broad range of sectors
- Strategic planning and business positioning working with owners and managers to achieve goals and objectives
- Staff development, skills analysis matrix and self-assessments
- Neuroscience coaching & mental toughness
- A licenced user of the Mental Toughness, ILM leadership and Carrus Employability Measures MTQ Product Family
- Business development & identifying growth opportunities
- Sales management and team development
- Business acquisitions & sale of assets
- Digital & direct marketing
- Event planning & organising
- Exhibition organisation & management
- Manufacturing & Production
- Importing & foreign business opportunities
- Distribution, Warehousing & Logistics